Join Our Team
We offer great pay and an amazing team environment that promotes learning, fun and new adventures. Browse our current opening below and apply today!
Want to be part of a team that loves creating memorable moments? Do you love people, food, and travel? Are you the one who organizes your trips abroad– usually around the best places to eat? Were you the member of the group project who kept the project moving forward on schedule? We’re looking for a part-time Operations Coordinator to support our tour operations. We are growing quickly and are looking for an ambitious and passionate Reno ambassador to join our team and bring our tours to life.
About Reno Food Tours
Reno Food Tours, the Top-Rated Food Tour in Reno, is a company whose mission is to connect both locals & curious travelers with local food and people in a way that helps culture thrive! We cater to local foodies & adventurers and tourists who want to know more about authentic local foods and neighborhoods. Since launching in the summer of 2016, we’ve taken thousands of guests on culinary adventures around the Biggest Little City, with extremely positive feedback and many guests reporting back that it was a highlight!
This role is dynamic and will evolve as the city grows. Working in a fast-paced and fun environment, the Operations Coordinator oversees the daily execution of operational logistics for our food tours around Reno (and new markets). The Coordinator acts as a liaison to vendor/tour partners, tour guides and ticketed guests; and is responsible for relaying food orders, distributing marketing materials, and ensuring overall guest and partner satisfaction. The Coordinator works as part of a small but dynamic team in a growing organization. Perks include occasional surprise deliveries of free, delicious food, and a team culture that lives by the motto ‘teamwork makes the dream work.’
- Provide daily & weekly partner vendor communication – guest numbers and food orders
- Oversee inventory management at partner locationsOffer operational support for tour guides
- Deliver guest support via email and phone channels
- Confirm guest count/Invoice numbers via ticketing management system
- Assist with tour logistics, set-up, and execution of public & private tours
- Assist in onboarding new tour guide hires
- Design & implement new operational processes & methods of constituent communication
- Take lead on a variety of tour development projects (guest feedback surveys, tour imagery, new tour experiences, etc.)
- Distribute marketing collateral & partner/client gifts
- Act as lead operations support for Private Group Tour (PGT) events – input time matrixes, vendor alerts, post PGT packages, data mining, excel formatting
- Research and on-board new tasting partner locations for current & potential new tours and/or events
- Provide operational support at special events
- Lead public & private group tours (occasionally)
- Assist with tour administration & scheduling, where applicable
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably with a major/minor in business, hospitality, marketing or equivalent areas)
- Comfort working with the Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) Google Suite, and online project management tools (i.e. Hubspot, Trello, Slack)
- Excellent customer service and organizational skills, ability to multi-task, a positive attitude
Successful candidates will also consist of a combination of the following:
- Great communication skills due to working with a remote team
- Self-starter who is detail-oriented
- Entrepreneurial experience is a plus
- Experience in hospitality or the tourism industry
- Works well under pressure and can intuitively solve problems quickly
- Organized and a great communicator
- Knowledge of Reno & Northern Nevada area
- Love for and curiosity about food, history, culture and people
- Flexibility – this role works from home and has a fluid schedule
- Excited to develop professional skills & contribute to growing the Reno Food Tour business
Competitive pay, bonus structure, ongoing education (job-related), and the opportunity to join a growing company. Working remotely, the Operations Coordinator position requires 10-15 hours/week, depending on availability and varying by season, and will include regular weekend work. Once hired and trained, the hourly rate for this position will be $20/hour.
Please send one single email reply to this ad to [email protected] with the following information:
- A creative explanation (maximum 500 words) of why you’d make the perfect Reno Food Tours Operations Coordinator
- Attach your resume
- Include your cell phone number and current address
- Use the following format in the email subject line: Your Last Name, Your First Name –RFT Operations Coordinator Applicant 2020
- If you do not complete the steps above as exactly stated, we will not consider your application.
- Once we receive your email, we will confirm receipt.
Reno Food Tours utilizes a 2-stage interview cycle during the recruitment process. If we see a good fit from the information you provide with your application, we will send you a link for a video interview. Comprised of 5-7 ice breaker style questions, candidates can answer the questions at their own leisure and can record/re-record their answers as many times as needed. Why do we use this tool in our interview process?? It is a chance for us to see your personality in a casual relaxed setting. The second stage of the interview process will be a more traditional face to face interview.
If we see a good fit, we will email you with information regarding an interview (date, time, location, etc.), what you can expect when we meet, and more details on training and possible employment.
Thank you for your interest in Reno Food Tours.
Tour Guides – Culinary Storytellers
At Reno Food Tours, we are always on the lookout for creative, talented & detail-oriented people to join our team of culinary story-tellers. We believe that the best guides are individuals that have a great attitude, a passion for Reno and its food.
Our guides possess a drive for perfection, a youthful attitude, energy, exuberance & desire for fun. These ideas remain at the root of how a guide moves, thinks and acts. Our guides manage every moment of our tours with these goals in mind. They are restless in the pursuit to create great experiences for our guests because they love it. They are exceptional hosts, leaders, performers, promoters, managers, connoisseurs, and overall great Reno ambassadors.
Reno Food Tours, which offers nationally recognized food tours of Reno’s tastiest neighborhoods, is seeking Tour Guides. Positions are part-time. We conduct on average 4-6 tours a week during the regular season which starts April and ends November 2020.
Ideal Candidates are:
- Detail oriented
- Problem solvers
- Passionate about being outside
- Comfortable talking about food
- Well-rounded with broad life experiences
- Quick thinkers
What to Know:
Only applicants living close to/in Reno/Sparks area will be considered. Self-employed individuals and/or flexible schedules preferred. Must be available to training and lead tours during tour season, April – November. Weekend and weekday positions available. Tours are approx. 3 hours long. Prefer applicants to be at least 25 years old. Please no undergraduate students or summer work only applicants; you will not be considered.
You are required to own a smart phone, tablet/iPad, have a desktop/laptop-based internet access and check your email at least once per day. If you are not available to lead weekend tours between April and November in some capacity, please do not apply.
Reno Food Tours utilizes a 2-stage interview cycle during the recruitment process. If we see a good fit from the information you provide with your application, we will send you a link for a video interview. Comprised of 5-7 ice breaker style questions, candidates can answer the questions at their own leisure and can record/re-record their answers as many times as needed. Why do we use this tool in our interview process?? It is a chance for us to see your personality in a casual relaxed setting. The second stage of the interview process will be a more traditional face to face interview. Interviews will start the beginning of March.
Training lasts approx. 2-4 weeks. Training is paid.
Once hired and trained, Tour Guides receive hourly wages. Including gratuities, Tour Guides average between $90-$150 per tour.
Please send one single email reply to this ad to: [email protected] with the following information:
- A creative explanation (maximum 500 words) of why you’d make the perfect Reno Food Tour guide.
- Attach your resume.
- Include your cell phone number and current address
- Use the following format in the email subject line: Your Last Name, Your First Name – Reno Food Tour Guide Application 2020
If you do not complete the steps above as stated, we will not consider your application.
Once we receive your email, we will confirm receipt.
If we see a good fit, we will email you information regarding an interview.
Thank you for your interest in guiding with Reno Food Tours.