Effective Date: May 3, 2016
- How we gather information from users. How we collect and store information depends on the page or portion of the Site that you are visiting, the activities in which you elect to participate and the services provided. You can visit many pages on the Site without providing any information. Other pages may prompt you to provide information, such as when you register for access to portions of the Site, sign up for the blog, request certain features or make a purchase.
We do not collect personally identifiable information through the Site unless that information is provided by you during registration for various features on the Site. Information required to participate in such features may vary but will typically include your first and last name; address including city, state, zip code and country; daytime and evening phone numbers; social media information; and e-mail address; and, in the case of making purchases, a credit card number and expiration date. You may also be requested to provide a username and password for certain features.
Like most websites, the Site also collects information automatically and through the use of electronic tools that may be transparent to our visitors. For example, we may log the name of your Internet Service Provider or use “cookie” technology. Among other things, the cookie may store your user name and password, sparing you from having to re-enter that information each time you visit, or may control the number of times you encounter a particular feature while visiting the Site. As we adopt and/or implement additional technology, we may also gather information through other means. In certain cases, you can choose not to provide us with information, for example by setting your browser to refuse to accept cookies, but doing so may limit your ability to access certain portions of the Site or may require you to re-enter your user name and password. Additionally we may not be able to customize the Site’s features according to your preferences.
- What we do with the information we collect. We will use your information only as permitted by law. Information that does not personally identify you (“Aggregated Information”) may be used in various ways. For example, we may combine information about your usage patterns with similar information obtained from other users to learn which Site pages are visited most or what features of the Site are most attractive. Aggregated Information may be shared with our advertisers and business partners, but cannot be used to contact you individually.
As we continue to develop our business and grow, we may sell, buy, merge or partner with other companies or businesses. In such transactions, user information may be among the transferred assets. We may also disclose your information in response to a court order, at other times when we believe we are reasonably required to do so by law, in connection with the collection of amounts you may owe to us, and/or whenever we deem it appropriate or necessary to give such information to law enforcement authorities. Please note we may not provide you with notice prior to disclosure in such cases.
- Security of personal information. The Site has undertaken various security measures to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under its control. We have and will continue to undertake physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use the information.
Only those employees and hired professionals (e.g., lawyers, accountants, and web developers) needed to carry out requisite business functions will have access to information on individual Site users. Employees and hired professionals violating these privacy policies will be subject to disciplinary action.
- Affiliated sites, linked sites and advertisements. The Site expects its partners, advertisers and third-party affiliates to respect the privacy of our users. However, third parties, including our partners, advertisers, affiliates and other content providers accessible through the Site, may have their own privacy and data collection policies and practices. For example, during your visit to the Site you may link to, or view as part of a frame on the Site, certain content that is actually created or hosted by a third party. Also, through the Site you may be introduced to, or be able to access, information, web sites, advertisements, features, contests or sweepstakes offered by other parties. The Site is not responsible for the actions or policies of such third parties. You should check the applicable privacy policies of those third parties when providing information on a feature or page operated by a third party.
- California Privacy Rights. If you are a resident of California and have an established business relationship with a company, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 may give you the right to request an Information-Sharing Disclosure that would include a list of all third parties who have received your personally identifiable information for direct marketing purposes in the past year. This disclosure would also list the types of personally identifiable information that were disclosed to these third parties.
As stated above, the Company generally does not share your personally identifiable information with third parties unless you opt-in to such disclosure by registering or signing up for one of our services. Additionally, the Company provides you with the ability to opt-out of sharing your personal information with third parties for direct marketing purposes. Therefore, the Company qualifies for the alternative option and we have chosen to provide you with a cost-free means of exercising your opt-out right. As such, we are not required to provide you with an Information-Sharing Disclosure listing all of the third parties with whom we may have shared your personal information during the past year.
To exercise your opt-out right, please follow the cost-free procedure described below.
Opt-Out Procedure. If you are a California resident and wish to exercise your right to opt-out from the Company sharing your personally identifiable information with third-parties for their direct marketing purposes, please send your written request for a California Customer Choice Notice and opt-out form to the email address in Section 7 below.
- Contacting us. We can be reached by contacting: [email protected]